PAULDING, Ohio, (WFFT) - A Paulding County man was bit by a K-9 after a short chase Wednesday afternoon.
Shortly before 3:30 p.m., Paulding County Sheriff deputies were called to help Paulding Police Department with an assault with a knife at the Marathon Gas Station on North Williams Street, Paulding.
Once deputies arrived, Marquis A. Goings, Sr., age 63, from Latty, Ohio, drove off leading police on a chase.
Deputies said when Goings eventually exited his car, he charged toward a deputy.
A second deputy took Goings to the ground to take him into custody.
At the same time, the first deputy released a K-9, which bit the back of his thigh.
During the arrest, a deputy was also bit.
Goings and the deputy are expected to be okay.
The Paulding County prosecutor will determine if any charges will be filed in the case.
- Man leads deputies on chase; bit by K-9
- Man hurt after leading police on chase
- Whitley County Sheriff K-9 dies in crash after police chase
- High speed chase leads to arrest of Fort Wayne man
- FWPD to construct new K-9 training facility
- DeKalb County Community Corrections now using K-9
- Columbia City receiving K-9 vest donation
- Huntington County K-9 receiving protective vest
- Driver with 82 points leads police on multi-county chase
- Armed robbery in Angola leads to highway chase