FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Around 10:24 PM Saturday night, the City of Fort Wayne Police Department responded to the 2800 block of Drexel Avenue for a battery investigation.
Dispatch received additional information about someone being stabbed.
Officers arrived on scene and found the victim lying in the middle of Drexel Avenue.
He was unresponsive and appeared to be suffering from two stab wounds to the chest and left shoulder.
Paramedics transported the victim to a local hospital in serious condition. After arriving at the hospital, the victim was downgraded to critical condition by a physician.
Detectives are currently interviewing potential witnesses at the scene.
- Man in critical condition after being stabbed
- Stabbing on Lillie Street leaves one person in critical condition
- Beating leaves woman in critical condition
- House fire leaves woman in critical condition
- Child in critical condition after house fire
- Early morning shooting leaves one man in critical condition
- One man in critical condition after Hamilton Ave. shooting
- Man airlifted in critical condition after Kosciusko County crash
- Fort Wayne man in critical condition after Euclid Avenue shooting
- Early morning fire leaves man in critical condition