FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne police are investigating after a man walked into a local hospital with stab wounds early Wednesday morning.
Allen County Dispatch told FOX 55 the man walked into the hospital around 2:15 a.m. He was listed in serious condition.
According to a police report, officers spoke to a woman at the hospital who said she was inside her home in the 1400 block of north Harrison Street when she heard yelling outside. She found a man, Trenton Spencer, stabbed multiple times.
The woman did not know Spencer, but offered to take him to the hospital. Another man also went to the hospital, and said he knew Spencer.
Medical personnel told police Spencer was stabbed five times in the armpit, collar bone, and back.
Spencer told police he was stabbed with a kitchen knife somewhere off Wells Street, but did know any other information.
Officers were later told about an armed person at 213 W. Fourth Street that may be related to Spencer. Spencer said he did not want to talk to detectives about the incident.
If you know anything about any of the incidents from Wednesday morning, you're urged to contact police at 427-1222.
- Man hurt in early morning stabbing
- Corunna man hurt in early morning crash
- Man stabbed in early morning incident
- Man hurt in workplace stabbing
- Firefighter hurt battling early morning business fire
- Fort Wayne police investigating early morning stabbing
- Man hurt after stabbing in St. Joe
- Two hurt in Huntington stabbing
- Person seriously hurt in stabbing
- Two people hurt in early morning motorcycle crash near I-469