FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) -UPDATE: A man who was found dead on a bench at Eagle Marsh Wednesday was identified as 29-year-old Shawn Michael Wilding of Grand Blanc, Michigan.
Wilding's death was ruled a suicide.
ORIGINAL STORY: Police are investigating after a man was found dead at the Eagle Marsh Nature Preserve Wednesday morning.
Officers were called just after 11:00 a.m. to the 6800 block of Engle Road. A hiker reportedly found a white male leaning back on a bench. He was suffering from an apparent head wound.
The Aboite Township Fire Department pronounced the man dead at the scene.
The Allen County Coroner would not say if a weapon of any kind was found near the body.
Crime Scene Technicians were called to the area before the coroner transported the body to be examined.
The coroner is expected to release more information Thursday morning.
- Man found dead at Eagle Marsh Nature Preserve
- Missing Kendallville man found dead
- Man found dead in Walgreens parking lot
- Man creates 7-foot eagle out of snow
- Woman found dead in apartment
- Man found dead at downtown worksite committed suicide
- Man found dead on S. Webster Street identified
- Man found dead in car on city's north side
- Man found dead in car in Decatur parking lot
- Fort Wayne man found dead on Huestis Avenue