KENDALLVILLE, Ind. (WFFT) - A man was taken to the hospital after falling from a homemade tree stand Sunday morning.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources said the incident happened around 7:45 a.m. Sunday in the area of County Road 9663 East and County Road 1000 North.
Conservation Officers said Alan L. Fordeck, 66, fell 12 feet while trying to shoot at a deer.
Fordeck had a cell phone and was able to call for help from deep in the woods.
Fordeck was transported to Parkview Noble Hospital for treatment to his right leg.
- Man falls from Noble County tree stand
- Noble County Miracle Tree holding toy drive
- Noble County man air lifted from crash
- Floods take over Noble County
- Noble County libraries dropping fines
- Inmate escapes Noble County courthouse
- Noble County man says his gun license was wrongly revoked
- Rollover crash in Noble County kills one
- Noble County getting ready for winter snow
- Noble County teen dies in crash Tuesday