ANDERSON, Ind. (AP) - An Anderson man faces a murder charge and two feticide counts after alleging shooting his pregnant girlfriend in the back of her head and both of her unborn male twins died.
Madison County Prosecutor Rodney Cummings filed the charges Thursday against 29-year-old Skye'lar De'Andre White. He was already in custody following the shooting Aug. 2.
Police say 29-year-old Alexis M. Wasson was about 21 weeks pregnant when she was shot. She has been hospitalized in Indianapolis on life support.
Anderson Police Chief Tony Watters says the second of the unborn twins died Wednesday. The other died Tuesday.
Police say White told Wasson's mother the shooting was accidental.
Online court records don't list an attorney for White.
- Man facing murder, feticide charges after girlfriend shot
- Kokomo man faces rape charge
- Man facing 15 charges after traffic stop
- Fort Wayne man charged in mother's murder
- Madison County man sues Huntsville clinic after girlfriend gets abortion
- Three charged in Ligonier murder
- Prosecutor: No charges against officer who shot Fort Wayne man
- Infant dies after alleged child abuse; man charged with murder
- Man charged with five-year-old's murder appears in court
- Oakwood man charged with murder in brother's death