STEUBEN COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) — A 29-year-old contractor died today while working on a utility pole in Steuben County.
Deputies say Cody Griffin of Reed, KY was electrocuted on State Road 120 near County Road 25 East in the rural Jamestown Township.
Deputies say they, along with paramedics, responded to the area around 9:30 a.m. after receiving a report of a man person being actively electrocuted.
Deputies say they found Griffin partially in a hole at the base of the pole. He appeared to be dead.
Rescuers were unable to approach the victim because of live electrical wires near Griffin.
His body was recovered once NIPSCO officials were able to make the area safe.
The death remains under investigation.