STEUBEN COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) — A 29-year-old contractor died today while working on a utility pole in Steuben County.
Deputies say Cody Griffin of Reed, KY was electrocuted on State Road 120 near County Road 25 East in the rural Jamestown Township.
Deputies say they, along with paramedics, responded to the area around 9:30 a.m. after receiving a report of a man person being actively electrocuted.
Deputies say they found Griffin partially in a hole at the base of the pole. He appeared to be dead.
Rescuers were unable to approach the victim because of live electrical wires near Griffin.
His body was recovered once NIPSCO officials were able to make the area safe.
The death remains under investigation.
- Contractor electrocuted while working on utility pole in Steuben County
- Buffalo roam Steuben County fields
- Man taken to hospital after striking utility pole
- Two arrested in Steuben County drug search
- One person dead in Steuben County crash
- Steuben County Sheriff 'Please lock your vehicle'
- City leases utilities for Electric Works funding
- Steuben County sex offender located on Crooked Lake
- Steuben County police looking for fugitive registered sex offender
- Police standoff lasts for seven hours in Steuben County