FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A man is dead after a crash Tuesday evening.
It happened around 7:15 p.m. at the corner of Washington Boulevard and Harmar Street, just west of Indiana Tech.
Police said the driver of a car was speeding westbound on Washington Boulevard when the driver approached traffic stopped at the stoplight.
That's when the car plowed into the back of a pick-up truck, pushing the truck into a utility pole.
The crash also knocked out power at the intersection.
The person in the pick-up died at the scene, the driver of the car was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
Alcohol was believed to be a factor in the crash.
The intersection was closed for several hours as crews restored power to the area.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Man dies in downtown crash
- Woman dies in crash south of Downtown
- Man dies in motorcycle crash on I-69
- Man dies after crashing motorcycle in rural Allen County
- Auburn man dies in single vehicle crash Thursday night
- Coroner identifies man who died in rollover crash near Markle
- Coroner identifies man who died in Wednesday morning crash
- Hartford City man dies in Huntington County crash
- Boy dies after being shot south of downtown
- Man dies from stab wounds