MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) - A 71-year-old man has died following a boating accident in eastern Indiana.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources says Lenard Anderson was thrown Sunday morning from a boat he was operating after it collided with another vessel in Prairie Creek Reservoir, northeast of Indianapolis.
Witnesses have told Indiana conservation officers that Anderson of Muncie may have suffered a medical emergency before the accident.
He was not wearing a life jacket.
Witnesses had pulled Anderson from the water and CPR was started by the time first responders arrived.
Anderson was pronounced dead at the scene.
Anderson's boat continued operating in circles on the reservoir until conservation officers were able to disable the motor.
- Indiana man dies following boating accident in Prairie Creek Reservoir
- Indiana man dies in industrial accident at avionics company
- Police: Indiana man died in Michigan after kayaking accident
- Child dies after accident at farm in northeastern Indiana
- Indiana man dies in police-involved shooting
- Baby dies in DeKalb County farming accident.
- Indiana Conservation Officers investigate snowmobile accident
- Prairie Heights looking to pass operating referendum in November
- Eight year old girl dies after BB gun accident
- Granger Smith's son dies in tragic accident