ST. HENRY, Ohio (WFFT) – A 23-year-old Fort Wayne man died after falling 30 feet at an industrial site in northwest Ohio Friday morning.
Deputies with the Mercer County Sheriff's Office responded to a call that a man fell off a platform Friday shortly before 8 a.m. at 5424 Watkins Road in St. Henry.
Deputies were told that a man that was using a Genie Telehandler to lift items into the air to a platform, had attempted to step onto the vehicle in an attempt to unload it, causing the load to shift and the victim to fall about 30 feet onto concrete.
Deputies identified the victim was as 23-year-old Alexis Ivan Gutierrez Sanvicente of Fort Wayne.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No further information was immediately released.
View this post on Instagram
- Man dies after falling 30 feet at St. Henry industrial site
- Fremont man hospitalized after falling 20 feet from tree stand
- Indiana man dies in industrial accident at avionics company
- Mayor Henry holds recognition ceremony
- One woman dead after falling into industrial equipment
- Mayor Henry goes for a business walk
- AG industry using more technology
- New Haven man dies in fall from Michigan waterfalls
- Man dies after falling into Wabash County pond
- Mayor Henry makes 11th annual state of the city address