FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A man died after being shot Thursday night.
The shooting happened before 8 p.m. in the 4500 block of South Wayne Street.
Police said neighbors called police after hearing gunshots.
When officers arrived, they found a man in the driver seat of a parked car that was running.
The man died at the scene.
Police said the shooting appeared to have been targeted.
"I see a good reason to be disgusted, disappointed, this type of violence is occurring in Fort Wayne," said Michael Joyner, Fort Wayne Police Department spokesman.
If you have any information on the shooting, call Crime Stoppers at 260-437-7867.
- Man dies after being shot in parked car
- Girl,4, shot inside car
- Man dies after being shot by police
- Man in Waynedale shot to death outside Bluffton Park Apartments
- One dies after being shot in Marion
- Man dies in car fire as result of suicide
- Man found dead in car in Decatur parking lot
- One critical after being shot in car on South Park Drive
- Woman dies after being hit by car
- Indiana toddler dies in hot car