DEFIANCE, Ohio (WFFT) - A man is dead after being shot by police officers this morning.
The incident happened around 7:47 a.m. Tuesday on Martin Avenue in Defiance, Ohio.
Police said they were responding to a domestic disturbance.
The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigations, which is handling the investigation, said Alex Johnson, 58, was armed with a knife when officers shot him.
The officer who hasn't been identified is on administrative leave according to department policy.
Ohio BCI will turn the investigation over to the Defiance County Prosecutor when it is complete to determine if the officer will face any charges.
- Man dies after being shot by police
- Man dies after being shot in parked car
- Indiana man dies in police-involved shooting
- One dies after being shot in Marion
- Indiana police officer fatally shot
- Police: Man pointed gun at officer before being fatally shot
- Man fatally shot outside southern IN police department IDed
- South Bend police officer who fatally shot black man resigns
- Fort Wayne police investigating whether wounded man was shot
- Man dies in downtown crash