CLEAR LAKE, Ind. (WFFT) - The founder of a local car dealership has died.
Don Ayers, 79, died Sunday at his home on Clear Lake in Steuben County.
He suffered from dementia and Parkinson's disease.
Ayers was the youngest General Motors dealer when he opened Ayers Pontiac in 1970 when he was only 27.
Three years later, he started selling Hondas.
There will be visitation in Fort Wayne and Fremont.
One will be Wednesday, July 10 at D.O McComb & Sons Covington Knolls Funeral Home, 8325 Covington Road from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
The other will be from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Thursday, July 11, 2019, at Beams Funeral Home in Fremont.
The funeral service is Friday at 11:00 a.m. at Clear Lake Lutheran Church, Fremont.
- Longtime Fort Wayne car dealer Don Ayers dies
- Fort Wayne auto dealer banned for life after tax plea
- Truck crashes into Fort Wayne car dealership
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- Fort Wayne woman dies after riding lawn mower overturns
- Fort Wayne Police Officer dies after chasing suspect
- Autopsy reveals Fort Wayne Police Officer died from heart attack
- Fort Wayne zoo says elderly Amur leopard dies of cancer
- Proposal banning swinger clubs in Fort Wayne dies