FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A long-time Fort Wayne educator and community activist has died.
Betty Stein passed away peacefully in her home Friday.
She worked for Fort Wayne Community Schools starting as a teacher until she was forced to retire.
She then served as a consultant to the magnet program at Memorial Park Middle School until she retired a few years ago.
Stein also served on many boards, being the first woman on the police merit commission, chairwoman of the board of safety, and the Allen County Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
Stein was 102 years old.
- Long-time Fort Wayne educator, activist passes away
- Activists sue over Fort Wayne's noise-limits ordinance
- Fiesta Time Fort Wayne is back
- Burmese Delegation for Education makes a stop in Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne Community Schools pushing fundraiser for Fine Arts education
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing
- Fort Wayne housing market booming
- Fort Wayne church helps Haiti