FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A local tire and service company is ordered to pay more than a million dollars in back wages and damages.
Best One Tire and Service based in Monroe was investigated by the U. S. Department of Labor. It was found that they violated the Fair Labor Standards Act. More than 200 stores in 24 states were found to owe employees more than $600,000 in back wages.
Prior investigations found more back wages owed as well as liquidated damages totaling more than $400,000.
Best One Tire and Service released a statement. It said in part, "Any non-compliance was unintentional and was immediately fixed. We fully cooperated with the Department of Labor, and we are committed to making Best One the best place to work.
- Local tire company ordered to pay back wages and damages
- Potholes can damage more than just tires
- European court orders Italy to pay damages to Amanda Knox
- Tire business destroyed by fire
- Local company offers floor covering apprenticeship program
- Study: Indiana trails much of US in gender wage gap
- Goodyear designed a tire that could help cars fly
- Michelin and GM are working on a puncture-proof tire
- Trump claims he has 'absolute right' to order US companies out of China under 1977 law
- IRS orders 36,000 furloughed employees to return to work without pay