FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - When it comes to management structure, and support it's something these two have in common.
"It's always fun to share our successes and our students with everyone. We just had a fantastic day," Principal Maureen Bender said.
Maureen Bender is the principal of Shawnee Middle School.
She's showing Charles Maydwell what it's like to be principal for a day.
Maydwell is a manager for Avanir Pharmaceuticals, but he is no stranger to these hallways.
"I went to school here at Shawnee a long long time ago. It was very surreal to come back to Shawnee and see the students as they progress," he said.
He got a chance to watch morning meetings,talk to students, and walk awhile in Bender's shoes.
Making an impact on students lives is something Bender said takes a collective effort.
"I think we're more focused on support. What kind of support do families need. What support do students need and what do teachers need... how can we work together as one unit," she said.
- Allen County schools host Principal for a Day
- Allen County Library hosting Homeschool Day
- EACS hosts 'Principal for a Day'
- Allen County commissioners host "County Night Out"
- East Allen County Schools hiring
- Allen County Prosecutor's Office hosts strangulation training
- East Allen County Schools closing on Red For Ed day
- East Allen County Schools focus on safety
- East Allen County Schools considers safety changes
- Northwest Allen County Schools investigates bus fire