FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - President Donald Trump declared states of emergency for North and South Carolina and Virginia are in place as millions of people are told to get out.
Hurricane Florence is expected to hit portions of the east coast this week as a category 4 storm.
People from in Fort Wayne are getting ready to help with relief efforts.
Indiana Michigan Power has about 200 people on standby to help restore power along the coast.
Lucille's Bar-B-Que on Lima Road is also a sending a team through Operation Barbecue Relief.
"It's a comfort meal and it always feels like it would be the perfect meal in this situation to help these people get back to their everyday life," said Chris Wilson, Sr. "They get a barbecue meal. That's really what's important to us. To be able to go out there and feed these people."
Chris Wilson, Sr. will head to the coast in the next few days and his two sons will follow over the weekend.
"We'll be able to start serving meals right away from there," said Wilson, Jr.
This will be the third time the family has been deployed for hurricane relief, they went to Texas last year after Hurricane Harvey.
"It is nice having your brother and your dad, somebody, it's a better feeling than being out in a hurricane by yourself," said Chris Wilson, Jr.
The Wilson's don't do it for themselves, but the people in need.
"There are just people in need. I can't even imagine what these people are going through," said Wilson, Sr.
If you would like to help, you can donate or volunteer through Operation Barbecue Relief.
- Local people gearing up for hurricane relief
- Area churches helping with hurricane relief
- Northeast Indiana gears up for Valentine's Day
- Senate advances $36.5 billion disaster relief package
- Liquor stores, residents gear up for Sunday alcohol sales
- Ruth's Chris Steak House staff gear up for opening day
- Three Rivers Festival gearing up for 50th year
- Walmart gearing up for students to head back to school
- Students at Towles Intermediate School send relief kits to Syria
- Rescue Mission gears up for One Night Without a Home event