Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Donations are already coming in, but I Am Garvey Incorporated as asking the community for support to reach the goal of 100,000 gallons or more to deliver to Flint, Michigan.
The drive is going on from now until April 6.
It's established by Roderick Parker who is I Am Garvey Incorporated's vice president.
"I personally want to challenge Fort Wayne and ask people to consider what something like that could be like, and I challenge you to donate. Help us reach 100,000. Help us reach 200,000 if it's possible, and let's show these people that Fort Wayne has a heart and we want to be a help,"Parker said.
Parker is partnering with Mayor of Flint, Karen Weaver, Sweetwater's CEO Chuck Surack, Bellinger Law Offices, Kroger's in Southgate Plaza, Freeman's Colean Sweep, AutoCredit USA, YMCA, Unity Barbershop, Jackson R. Lehman, #ITSTARTSWITHME and One Nation Athletics.
If you have inquires about donations you can email email@example.com
- Local organization helps residents in Flint
- Local biker organization helps women's shelter
- Organization looks to help small businesses succeed
- Local organization holds community Easter event
- Severe storms impacting local residents
- Keith Flint, Prodigy front man, dead at 49
- Local organization holds healing conference in Fort Wayne
- Local organization weighs in on potential SNAP benefit changes
- Local organization working toward justice holds first meeting
- Local group helping grieving mothers