Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Golf courses are officially back open for the season.
Foster, Shoaff, and McMillen Park golf courses opened Monday morning.
When inclement weather occurs, courses may close for a short period, or for a day depending on the severity of the weather.
The golf pro manager of the Fort Wayne Parks Department Golf Facilities said the golfers were counting down for this day.
"We've seen a lot that have been waiting, but they haven't come out yet because it's still pretty chilly, but yeah my phone has been ringing off the hook during the week wondering when we're going to get going," Rick Hemsoth said.
To check on course availability, or to schedule tee times, call the golf course where you plan to play:
Foster Park Golf Course: 427-6735, http://www.fostergolfcourse.com
McMillen Park Golf Course: 427-6710, http://www.mcmillengolfcourse.com
Shoaff Park Golf Course: 427-6745, http://www.shoaffgolfcourse.com
Season tickets are on sale at the Main Office (705 East State Blvd.) and at all of the clubhouses. You can also arrange for a league or plan a golf outing for your business or organization at one of the city courses.
- Local golf courses officially open
- Golf courses now open
- Championship caliber disc golf course opens in Fort Wayne
- Residents voice concerns over golf course rezoning
- Indiana Tech purchasing golf course for future athletic facilities
- Neighbors concerned about possible golf course re-zoning
- Planning Commissioners pass proposed subdivision on Cedar Creek golf course
- Southside Farmer's Market officially open
- Erie Rail Trail officially open in Huntington
- Metro Diner officially open for business