LIGONIER, Ind. (WFFT) - An area church is looking to help protect police k-9s in our area.
The Richville United Methodist Church outside Ligonier is looking to raise enough money to buy 6 vests for several departments in Noble and Elkhart counties.
The church's pastor, Gary Ford, said he's done this through other churches he's served.
"I know these officers, even though the dog is a tool and sometimes it's not really considered a pet sometimes when they have to go out and attack someone, at the end of the day when they go home, it's a pet," said Ford.
The church is hoping to raise enough money by the end of the year for the vests, but will continue the fundraiser until they reach their goal.
If you would like to donate, call 260-760-4985 or send a donation to the church at 11009 Co Rd 50, Ligonier, IN 46767
- Local church raising money to protect police K-9s
- Church donates bullet-proof vests to Indiana State Police K-9s
- FWPD to construct new K-9 training facility
- DeKalb County Community Corrections now using K-9
- Local man to race across America to raise money for Mad Anthony's Children's Hope House
- Fall festival raises money for Shepherds House, Medina Village School
- Tip A Cop event raises money for special olympics
- Oathkeepers, Mad Ants raising money for Honor Flight
- Foundation to raise money to restore fire-damaged library
- Fort Wayne firefighters raise money for NE Indiana MDA