FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Work will begin on the West Coliseum and Hillegas intersection Sept. 9.
Drivers who take West Coliseum Boulevard to Hillegas Road will have to find another way starting Sept. 9.
Scott Gould owns S&A Rental right next to the curve. He said he's looking forward to the changes.
"Wintertime we've had some slide offs on this curve down here, so we're hoping when they straighten it out, it's going to make it a little bit safer and better for the people," he said.
That area of Hillegas and West Coliseum Boulevard will have more of "T" shaped intersection eliminating the sharp curve and adding an extra turning lane for the bridge.
"This is an expansion project that we've looked at a number of years, and we're really glad that we're partnering with INDOT to make this happen," Frank Suarez with Public Works said.
The bridge replacement at I-69 and HIllegas started in April and is expected to be completed later this year.
This is the second phase of that project.
S&A Rental and other local businesses along that part of West Coliseum will still have access to the roadway, but everyone else will have to take a detour.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Fort Wayne business is ready for the W. Coliseum and Hillegas road work
- Hillegas Road bridge reopens
- Fort Wayne Farm Show returns to coliseum
- Curve correction to close intersection of Hillegas and West Coliseum
- Hillegas Road head-on crash injures 4
- Fort Wayne Home and Garden show returns to Coliseum
- Reconstruction of Hillegas and West Coliseum intersection is close to the finish line
- Fort Wayne ready for Sunday alcohol sales
- Fort Wayne Street Department works to clear roads
- Hillegas Road Bridge reopened after being closed for several months