FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A local artist is at it again with a new mural at Hop River Brewing Company.
FOX 55 first told you about Jerrod Tobias last year when he was working on a mural along Columbia heading into downtown. This new mural is on a much smaller scale, but still leaving a mark on Fort Wayne.
"The Brook trout and rainbow trout idea, I've actually had for a long time. They're just this naturally magical creature that just kind of displays the most brilliant color spectrum," Tobias said. Adding he enjoys the, "intimacy of the piece," in relation to the brewery.
Tobias has been working on the mural for about two weeks. It features two trout, and plays into the hops in the middle and the flow of the river on the outside.
"The rainbow theme is kind of a nod to the progression of our interpretation of human relationships and the potential that we have to grow as a culture," he said.
Mary Corinne Lowenstein with Hop River knew Jerrod Tobias from the work he's done around the city. When she decided to bring local art into the brewery, he was one of the first calls.
"His work is so memorable. The color palette is beautiful and you can see it everywhere. And of course I wanted that on our building," she said.
The mural was supposed to be on a storage container on the patio, but Lowenstein wanted it to be in a more permanent location, where customers can enjoy everything the brewery has to offer.
"We really value our community's voice and want to make sure we're celebrating that in our tap room and with our beer," she said.
Tobias still has to put the finishing touches on, but said the mural should be done by next week.
- Local artist finishing mural at Hop River Brewing Co.
- Hop River Brewing hosts lunar eclipse event
- "Better Together" mural finished in Fort Wayne
- ACD Festival poster artist dies
- Starbucks adds Witch's Brew Halloween drink
- Metaform sculpture and mural complete downtown
- New mural unveiled on Wells Street
- Pop-up artist, Matthew Reinhart, visits NACS
- First Veg'n Brew Fest comes to Headwaters Park
- Notre Dame delays plan to cover Columbus murals until 2022