Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)-Street Department crews will begin this year's leaf collection in neighborhoods in the central portion of the city Monday, October 29. Each of the City's more than 400 neighborhoods will receive two pick-ups over the next seven weeks.
For curbside leaf collection residents should rake leaves to the curb or park strip in front of their home, but not in the street. Leaves should be in the park strip by 7 a.m. on Monday of the week of their collection. Other yard waste should not be mixed with the leaves.
Residents can call 427-2603 for daily updates.
Daily Collection for Monday, October 29:
Crew One: Michigan Avenue, Broad River, Indian Village, Vesey Addition, Brookmill Terrace, Westfield, Taylor Street, Covington Road, Ardmore Avenue, Nuttman Avenue and Brooklyn.
Crew Two: Spy Run, North Triangle, Highland Park Forest, Irvington Park, North Highlands, Hamilton, Bloomingdale, Harris Road, Butler Road, Log Cabin Park, Bass-Leesburg Civic and North Franke Park.
Crew Three: Wilmarbee, Brierwood Hills, Winterfield, Aboite Meadows, Aspen Village, West Lakes, Coves of West Lakes, Homestead Hills, Covington Road, Scott Road, Illinois Road, and Hadley Road.
Crew Four: Inwood Drive, Kingston Park, Statewood Park, State Boulevard, Monarch Park, Lofton Woods, Georgetown Place, Valley Park Forest, Maplecrest Road, Reed Road, Maysville Road, and Lake Avenue.
Crew Five: South Wayne, Oakdale, Illsley Place, Creighton Homes, Poplar, Williams-Woodland Park, Hoagland Masterson, Taylor St., Rudisill Boulevard, Fairfield Avenue, Broadway, and Creighton.
Crew Six: Northside, Vance Avenue, St. Joe River Drive, Bellair Civic, Carew Street, Parnell Avenue, Crescent Avenue, Anthony Boulevard, East State Boulevard, Brentwood Park, Hobson Road, and Beacon Heights.
• Rake leaves to the park strip by 7 a.m. on the first day of the week when crews will be in your area.
• Don't put leaves in your trash or recycling cart. It is against State of Indiana law.
• Don't burn leaves. It's a violation of City Code and can result in a fine.
• Don't place leaves in the street.
• Don't put leaves in or over storm drains.
• For safety, and to assist motorists, parents should remind children to not play in leaf piles near the street.
The 2018 Fort Wayne Leaf Pick-up schedule
Oct. 29-Nov. 2 Central
Nov. 5-9 South
Nov. 13-16 North
Nov. 19-21 Central
Dec. 3-7 South
Dec. 10-14 North
Schedule a Pick-up with Biodegradable Bags
You can schedule a pick-up if you place your leaves in biodegradable paper bags. The city's bagged leaf program allows residents to call 311 to schedule a pick-up. The bags should be at the curb for collection within two business days of the call to 311. This option gives residents the flexibility of having leaves collected at their convenience.
There will be no leaf collection on November 12 for Veterans Day or November 23, 24 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Leaf collection starts this week
- Fort Wayne announces leaf collection schedule
- Leaf collections begin in Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne leaf collection moves to the city's northside Tuesday
- New Haven extending leaf pick-up
- Fort Wayne leaf pick-up schedule announced for fall 2019
- ACPL addresses collection weeding concerns
- SCAN collecting Spring baskets Tuesday
- Southwest Honey Co. prepares for summer educational programs as bees start collecting pollen
- People creeped out by auto data collection