FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Lane restrictions and construction delays are expected to begin Wednesday on State Blvd. between Clinton Street and Spy Run Avenue.
The project is an effort to improve areas for pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorists. Phase one includes adding a westbound travel lane to alleviate traffic that backs up Ian Rolland Bridge, a sidewalk buffered by a park strip on the south side, a wider sidewalk on the north side, decorative lights, and an improved turn lane for eastbound traffic.
Drivers will notice lanes on the north side of State between Clinton and Spy Run will be closed, lanes on the south side will have one lane in each direction, and the far west lane on Clinton will be closed while crews replace ADA ramps.
These restrictions will be in place for about two weeks.
Drivers are advised to stay alert and slow down during construction season.
- Lane restrictions on State Blvd. to begin Wednesday
- Water main break restricts traffic on Washington Blvd.
- Pedestrian hit, killed along State Blvd.
- Pedestrian killed along State Blvd. identified
- Water main break causing lane restriction, closure of Science Central
- Lane closures and restrictions to expect in Fort Wayne
- Coliseum Blvd to close to place bridge
- Police investigating shooting on North Coliseum Blvd.
- Section of Coliseum Blvd. closing overnight tonight
- Vera Bradley Outlet Sales begin Wednesday