LaGRANGE, Ind. (WFFT) - Lakeland School Corporation is hoping to use two of its elementary buildings differently next year.
Monday was the last meeting where the district got feedback about proposals for Willcot Mills and Lima Brighton elementaries.
In March, the school board decided to close those schools to help save money.
District leaders told FOX 55 the goal is offer preschool classes in both buildings.
Other possibilities include programs from Ivy Tech and health and wellness programs.
- Lakeland looking to re-purpose closing elementary schools
- Lakeland delays decision for elementary school closures
- Lakeland's school board to consider options on closing schools
- Lakeland School Corporation looking to restructure
- Covington Elementary closed Monday
- NACS names new elementary school
- Elementary school celebrates milestone for mentor program
- City Utilities connects to Cedarville Elementary School
- NACS converting elementary schools for new "secured entrances"
- Haley Elementary holds mock election