FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne Police confirmed the capture of a man accused of shooting and killing a barber on Lake Avenue in April of 2019.
Police had been searching for 34 year-old James Dodson Jr. in connection with the murder of Michael Lovett Jr.
US Marshalls receieved a tip that Dodson was in an apartment in Starkville, Mississippi.
On May 9th, Marshalls took Dodson into custody in Starkville without incident.
He is currently being held in the Oktibbeha Co. jail waiting extradition back to Fort Wayne.
Dodson is being charged with Murder and Criminal Recklessness.
- Lake Avenue murder suspect captured
- Trial set for Lake Avenue shooting suspect
- Suspect in Lake Avenue shooting pleads guilty
- Police identify victim and suspect from Lake Avenue shooting
- Suspect in Lake Avenue shooting appears in court
- Brother of Lake Avenue shooting victim speaks out
- Lake Avenue, Maplecrest Road reopened after truck overturns
- Murder suspect in court
- Lafontaine murder suspect arrested
- Suspect arrested in Spatz Avenue double shooting, neighbors react