LAGRANGE COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT)- Police in LaGrange County are investigating a case of identity theft reported back in April.
The LaGrange County Sheriff's Department said Michelle Coffman reported the incident on April 27th. Coffman received an email from Life Lock on April 23rd saying her identity had been compromised. An unknown person opened an account in her name, and racked up a bill of $556.00.
The account reportedly originated in Pampano Beach, Florida. Life Lock is working closely with Coffman to resolve the situation. No suspects have been identified at this time.
- LaGrange County police investigate fraud case
- LaGrange County residents still dealing with flooding
- Human remains found in LaGrange County
- LaGrange County Sheriff seeking shooting suspect
- Arrest made in Lagrange County battery
- Woman arrested in LaGrange County following stabbing
- LaGrange County warns about phone scam
- Vehicular pursuit leads to drug-related arrest in Lagrange County
- Drone used to arrest 3 suspects in LaGrange County
- Police riding buses in LaGrange County to crack down on stop arm violations