Some Salvation Army locations in Indiana were in for a surprise Wednesday morning, including the Kroger on Saint Joe Center Road in Fort Wayne.
Kroger surprised the Salvation Army with a series of $1,000 donations to help out with their red kettle campaign. Kroger District Manager Chris Gomez says Kroger is doing this because they believe in helping the community.
"It'll be ten or twelve checks we'll be out donating. Kroger believes in giving back to the communities that we serve, and really that's what the Salvation Army does, is take care of the community."
"Every year we up the total just to help more people in the community and Kroger plays a big part."
The goal this year is to raise at least $255,000.
- Kroger makes donation to Salvation Army
- Salvation Army low on donations
- Salvation Army kicks off holiday kettle donations
- Kroger makes donation for Zoo Day
- Salvation Army collecting donations for Tools for School
- Salvation Army ready for 'Rogue Weekend'
- Kroger shooting victim identified
- Kroger shooting suspect arrested
- Fort Wayne Salvation Army taking Christmas assistance applications
- Kroger holding Grand Opening celebration