Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Kroger and its customers came through once again for one of its most popular community-supported events with another donation to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo.
Kroger spokesperson, Eric Halvorson, presented zoo officials with a donation of more than $80,000 raised by this year's Zoo Day campaign, which happened in May.
Through Zoo Day scans shoppers donated more than $45,000, which beat last year's record.
"When we do this next year, when we're standing here next year, that check may say 80 or $85,000, but the picture item is we will know through the Kroger Zoo Day campaign we will have raised more than $2 million for this zoo," Halverson said.
Kroger has been a partner with the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo for 27 years.
- Kroger makes donation for Zoo Day
- Kroger gives back on Zoo Day
- Kroger makes donation to Salvation Army
- Zoo holds enrichment day
- Kroger shooting victim identified
- Kroger shooting suspect arrested
- Kroger holding Grand Opening celebration
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo holds "Enrichment Day"
- CASA Day at the zoo celebrates volunteers
- Kroger announces 'Fight Cancer Day' for October 3rd