INDIANAPOLIS (WFFT) -- Kroger on Tuesday announced new steps to protect its employees against the COVID-19 Coronavirus, including plexiglass partitions at its checkout lanes.
Customers may soon see associates wearing protective gloves and masks,
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
5 EASY STEPS TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHER INDIANA RESIDENTS DURING THE #COVID19 EMERGENCY— Indiana State Department of Health (@StateHealthIN) March 15, 2020
1. Clean and Disinfect
2. Cover Coughs and Sneezes
3. Wash Your Hands Often
4. Avoid Touching Your Face
5. Stay Home if You are Sick and Avoid Close Contact
Play video for more details. pic.twitter.com/NNrYxTQoVZ
The company says because personal protective equipment is in high demand, it's asking government officials to help make grocery workers a priority for those supplies, after healthcare workers.
It says the plexiglass partitions will start appearing at many of its stores this week.
The partitions will be installed at every checkout lane, pharmacy counter and Starbucks register.
The company will also add "educational floor decals" to promote distancing at checkout lanes and other counters.
Kroger says it's continuing to improve on its daily sanitation practices, including increased cleaning of commonly used areas.
"Kroger associates are on the frontlines of the coronavirus crisis, ensuring Americans have access to food, services and other products during this unprecedented epidemic," the company said in a statement.
- Kroger adding plexiglass partitions at checkout lanes to combat Coronavirus
- Avancez, Kroger adding jobs to NE Indiana
- Kroger shooting victim identified
- Kroger shooting suspect arrested
- Kroger holding Grand Opening celebration
- Ford, GM and Tesla may make ventilators to combat coronavirus
- Kroger recalls "Comforts For Baby Purified Water"
- Kroger makes donation to Salvation Army
- Kroger phasing out plastic bags by 2025
- One hurt in shooting inside Kroger