Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation introduced the new outdoor fitness equipment located at Kreager Park Tuesday.
"It's a new installation for us. It's about 20 different units that are out here," Director Steve McDaniel said.
They are putting together a program here called Klub Kreager Fitness, so people can learn about the different muscle groups and learn how to get fit in an inexpensive way.
Carmen Holloway tried the equipment for the first time Tuesday.
"Just having different activities to do to be outside is nice. It's actually better than being inside especially in the summer," Holloway said.
The equipment is designed with adults in mind, and made accessible for almost everyone to use.
They also have staff handy to make sure the equipment is in good condition, and say it's durable for any weather.
"Nature will clean it with the rain, the sun, and UV, but we also have staff here in the park that will be checking the equipment on a daily basis,"McDaniel added.
The idea comes from wanting a healthier community, so instead of being on the phone while your child's on the swing, you could do some leg extensions.
McDaniel said if it goes well with a lot of the residents, we could see more of these in different parks.
- Kreager Park gets new outdoor fitness equipment
- Going Green: Brigadoon Fitness and Green Series Cardio Equipment
- Gander Outdoors opens in Fort Wayne
- Caterpillar profit surges on equipment demand
- One woman dead after falling into industrial equipment
- Seven Fort Wayne firefighters disciplined for forgetting medical equipment for days
- Franklin School Park completed
- City council considering new parking meters, parking rates
- Students experience Rosa Parks history
- Mayor responds to parking dispute