Kosciusko County officials are currently investigating a single vehicle traffic crash on State Road 19 at 800 North near the town of Etna Green. One male subject has died as a result of the incident.
Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Deputies and emergency personnel responded on 12/18/2017 at 1047 A.M. to a reported traffic crash located at the intersection of State Road 19 and 800 North. The crash involved a south bound 2002 Ford F 250 which exited the eastern edge of the roadway, striking a fence and a utility pole. The 2002 Ford continued into the field traveling some distance before crossing State Road 19 and coming to rest in a field to the west of State Road 19.
The operator of the 2002 Ford was pronounced dead at the scene by the Kosciusko County Coroner’s Office. The operator was identified as Lee G. Springer, 59 years of age, from Decatur Indiana.
Officers stated that the crash is still currently under investigation. The Kosciusko County Fatal Team was assisted at the scene by members of the Etna Green Fire Department, Lutheran E.M.S., the Kosciusko County Coroner’s Office, and the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- Kosciusko County officials investigate traffic crash near Etna Green
- Flooding hits Kosciusko residents
- Indiana State Police investigating inmate death at Kosciusko County Jail
- Burglary suspects arrested in Kosciusko County
- Two arrested on drug related charges in Kosciusko County
- Kosciusko County Jail gets new body scanner to detect contraband
- Kosciusko officials: Man found dead along roadway was stabbed to death
- One dead, three injured in Kosciusko Co. vehicle accident
- Indiana AG Curtis Hill announces drug rehab program at Kosciusko County Jail
- Dekalb County police investigate two vehicle crash