STEUBEN COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT)- Police in Steuben County are investigating a nearly head-on crash.
Police responded Friday to CR 500 S. west of CR 850 W. just after 5:00 p.m.
45-year-old, Michael Taylor was westbound and hit something in the road, causing him to drive left of center. Taylor regained control just below the crest of a hill, but collided nearly head-on with 27-year-old Emilee Deming.
Taylor sustained minor cuts and bruises, but refused medical treatment.
Deming sustained severe injuries to her head, right arm, and left leg. She was airlifted to Parkview Regional Medical Center. Her passenger, 2-year-old Maddox Demming, sustained minor injuries to his mouth. He was transported by private vehicle to Parkview.
Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the crash.
- Kendallville woman airlifted after near head-on crash
- Woman airlifted after crashing in Wabash River
- Kendallville fighting blighted homes
- Three people airlifted from scene after head-on crash
- Officer-involved shooting in Kendallville
- Missing Kendallville man found dead
- Neighbors react to Kendallville bank robbery
- Kendallville company makes switch to Solar Power
- Store selling CBD products opens in Kendallville
- Kendallville Police investigating death on train tracks