FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Keion Brooks Jr. is headed to the University of Kentucky.
The five-star basketball recruit and Fort Wayne native announced his college plans in front of friends, family and a few fans at St. Paul's Lutheran School on Friday night. Brooks chose UK over offers from Indiana, Purdue, Michigan State, North Carolina and UCLA among others. The former North Side star is currently playing his senior season at La Lumiere, the top-ranked prep school in the country.
Brooks said during his announcement that his visit to Lexington last month helped push him over the top. He credits much of his decision to the relationship he and head coach John Calipari have developed. Brooks joins a talented 2019 recruiting class that is ranked second in the country, according to 24/7Sports.
- Keion chooses Kentucky: Fort Wayne five-star commits to the Wildcats
- Fort Wayne Metals commits to Electric Works
- Fort Wayne United leads Choose Success Initiative events
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Ballet star hosts book release in Fort Wayne
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing
- Fort Wayne housing market booming
- Fort Wayne church helps Haiti
- Greater Fort Wayne celebrates success