FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Many big names are scheduled to perform at Foellinger Theater this summer.
The Fort Wayne parks department announced its summer concert series Wednesday morning.
Dates for the following concerts were announced:
- Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels w/Duke Tumatoe & the Power Trio – Friday, June 7
- Collective Soul – Friday, July 12
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts – Friday, July 19
- Loverboy – Saturday, July 27
- Hotel California: A Salute to the Eagles – Friday, June 14
- Gabriel Sanchez presents the Prince Experience – Saturday, July 6
- Leonid & Friends: a tribute to the band Chicago – Thursday, July 11
- Just Imagine (The John Lennon Experience) Starring Tim Piper – Saturday, July 13
- Stayin’ Alive: The World’s Best Tribute to the Bee Gees – Saturday, July 20
- Rumours - A Fleetwood Mac Experience – Saturday, August 3
- Billy the Kid - The Definitive Billy Joel Tribute – Saturday, August 10.
It kicks off with Kansas on May 11 with shows like Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Loverboy and Collective Soal expected to come to town.
There is something for everyone with a number of tribute and local artists taking the stage.
“It’s very exciting to be able to bring some new performers like Collective Soul and Clan Tynker to the Foellinger Theatre this year,” said Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation Director Steve McDaniel. “We invite everyone to join us at the Foellinger all summer long.”
“The Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation Department continues to provide our residents and visitors with excellent entertainment offerings,” said Mayor Tom Henry. “We’re committed to doing all we can to be a point of destination city with unique quality of life amenities. Venues like the Foellinger Theatre enhance our community.”
Tickets are currently available for Kansas on May 11, Dwight Yoakam on May 25, Boz Scaggs on June 19, and Weird Al Yankovic on July 2. Links to these concerts are also on FoellingerTheatre.org.
A new FREE addition to the lineup is a treat for the whole family. The Clan Tynker Family Circus is a troupe of brothers and sisters who perform a stunning array of talents in a fanciful "Vaudeville" style of Circus. Their all-ages show presents an amazing menagerie of entertainment from "around the world" set to an exciting live musical soundscape. Clan Tynker will take the Foellinger stage on Saturday, June 29 for two free performances, with a full afternoon of free kids’ activities.
Several free general admission concerts will be held at Foellinger Theatre this season as well, including the Fort Wayne Youth Symphony and Concert Orchestra, the Fort Wayne Area Community Band, the Fort Wayne Children’s Choir, and the New Millennium Jazz Orchestra.
For more information about each concert, please visit www.foellingertheatre.org.