FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A strip club won't be opening in downtown Fort Wayne.
A federal judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by the owners of Rabbits on south Calhoun.
Rabbits claimed the city violated constitutional rights by denying a permit for a strip club.
Downtown zoning bans strip clubs but the last strip club at that location was grandfathered in.
However, the city says the Rabbit lost its grandfather status because it didn't apply for permits on time.
- Judge dismisses downtown strip club lawsuit
- Some claims in lawsuit against Bauer dismissed
- Strip club owner suing city in federal court
- Former judge, probation officer settle harassment lawsuit
- Judge allows lawsuit over Fort Wayne police shooting
- Indiana Senate approves stripped-down hate crimes bill
- Hundreds celebrate 2018 downtown
- Mother's Day Downtown
- Proximo now open downtown
- Downtown Warren regrouping after fire