FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The energy at the Republican Headquarters was pretty positive for the most part.
Congressman Jim Banks said these last couple of months have been a long journey, but he's happy to serve the Third District after Tuesday's election.
Since 2017 Jim Banks has represented the Third district.
Before election day banks shared how he believed the third district would hold on to conservative views, and tonight he's right.
he thanked his opponent courtney tritch acknowledging her passion and what she believes in tonight. Saying having two strong candidates serves the voters well. He also thanked everyone who played a role in his victory.
“I'm proud of that record and will continue to be a consistent conservative pro-life pro-second amendment voice for all of you over the next two years,” Congressman Banks said.
This will be congressman Jim Banks second time holding the Third District Congressional seat.
- Jim Banks wins the Third District Congressional seat
- Congressman Jim Banks to have August recess
- Congressman Jim Banks discusses moving forward after government shutdown
- Congressman Jim Banks hosts job fair at Purdue Fort Wayne
- Political newcomer Courtney Tritch loses to Jim Banks
- Councilwoman Sharon Tucker bids for 6th District seat
- EACS implement seat belts
- Congressman Jim Banks and Ivy Tech Community College provide workshops to help businesses grow
- 49 people become U.S. citizens, Jim Banks part of the ceremony
- Congressman Jim Banks talks about President Trump, improvements to VA hospital