FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — The Holidays will shine even brighter at Jefferson Pointe. Fort Wayne’s tallest Christmas tree will fill the sky with a light show, synchronized to Christmas Music.
On Saturday night, Nov. 9 at 7, Fort Wayne’s newest holiday masterpiece will kick off the holiday season at Jefferson Pointe, just in time for Santa’s arrival.
View this post on Instagram
He will make a brief appearance from 7 - 9 p.m. on Saturday.
Santa will return to Jefferson Pointe on Nov. 29 - Dec. 24 and be located next to Mainstream Boutique across from Eddie Bauer.
“The tree lighting ceremony is Nov. 9 at 7 p.m. and Jefferson Pointe will make it an extra special family tradition.” said Katrina Walburn, Marketing Manager at Jefferson Pointe.
Walburn says there will be more traffic officers this year to help with traffic in and around Jefferson Pointe.
“We still encourage people to start to arrive at 5pm to avoid the additional traffic” said Walburn. “Fort Wayne has embraced the tree lighting event as a family tradition, and we see the community come together to celebrate for our biggest attendance all year.”
After the tree lighting, this display of lights to music will run every nighteach half hour beginning from 6 - 11 p.m.
The Jefferson Pointe Christmas tree is programmed to several Holiday tunes.
This year those attending will hear Gittin In the Mood by The Brian Setzer Orchestra.
Other songs you can expext to hear include:
- Linus and Lucy by Mark Theis, Christmas Eve Sarajevo by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Deck the Halls by Mannheim Steamroller
- The Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Andy Williams
- Wizards and Winter by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Cool Yule by Louie Armstrong
- Carol of the Bells by David Foster
- All I Want for Christmas by Mariah Carey.
After Christmas, the tree will synchronize the lights to party music in anticipation of the New Year, Walburn said.
- Jefferson Pointe Tree Lighting Ceremony to kickoff holiday season
- Jefferson Pointe getting new owners
- Changes could come to Jefferson Pointe sidewalks
- Santa's reindeer stop at Jefferson Pointe
- Chick-fil-A reopens at Jefferson Pointe
- Original Arts and Music Fest returns to Jefferson Pointe
- Joella's Hot Chicken to open in Jefferson Pointe
- RED begins multi-million redevelopment at Jefferson Pointe
- Rocket Fizz Soda Pop Candy Shop coming to Jefferson Pointe
- Fort Wayne's new Xfinity Store opens at Jefferson Pointe