DALLAS, Texas (WFFT) — Cowboys linebacker and Bishop Luers grad Jaylon Smith has been named to the NFC Pro Bowl roster for the Jan. 26 game in Orlando.
Smith was originally snubbed, but will replace Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly, who will miss the game because of an injury.
This is Smith's first Pro Bowl selection.
The middle linebacker and defensive captain for the Cowboys led the team with a career-high 142 tackles, along with nine pass breakups, 2.5 sacks and two forced fumbles.
He will join teammates Amari Cooper, Ezekiel Elliott, Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick and Zack Martin in the game.
- Jaylon Smith named to Pro Bowl Roster
- Concordia Grad McCall Makes Mad Ants Roster
- Empty Bowls fundraiser helping bowl down hunger
- QUIZ: What's your pro football IQ?
- Museum proposed for Fort Wayne's Smith Field
- Tim Smith officially files for mayoral race
- Pro-Life supporters march downtown for Right to Life Rally
- Pro-life advocates hold memorial for the unborn
- Apple may launch high-end AirPods Pro later this month
- IPFW assumes new name