PORTLAND, Ind. (WFFT) - Only a quarter of Jay School Corporation staff members who volunteered to have access to guns will be able to do so.
The district told FOX 55 News the list was narrowed the volunteers went through a screening process, which included the same gun safety test as police officers.
However, staff members had to have a 90% to pass the test instead of the standard 80%.
The Jay County School board is expected to approve the final list in October.
- Jay County Schools narrows gun access list
- Jay School Corporation approves option to have guns in schools
- Jay School Corporation developing comprehensive security plan
- Jay School Corporation hopeful school safety grant could pay for gun safety training
- Jay County Regional Sewer District considering rate hike
- Jay County residents want to stop a proposed wind farm
- Planning commission approves Jay County's second wind farm
- Second Jay County wind farm receives final local approval
- Heavy rain causes flooding in Portland, Jay County
- Jay County residents divided on proposed wind farm