FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A man who allegedly choked his mother to death, and then told police he was possessed by demons and Adolf Hitler at the time, appeared in court Wednesday morning.
Jason Steiss faces a murder charge in the death of Joy Steiss.
Judge Fran Gull ordered Steiss to be evaluated to see if he is competent to stand trial, and if he was of sound mind at the time the crime was committed.
Steiss is due back in court for his trial setting on April 11th.
- Jason Steiss appears in court, judge orders mental evaluation
- Shooting suspect appears in court
- Cordell Hughes appears in court
- Suspect in November murder appears in court
- Suspect in 2016 murder appears in court
- McNair appears in court for trial setting
- Thanksgiving home invasion suspect appears in court
- Accused murderer in court for first appearance
- Indiana lawmakers urge re-evaluation of military housing pay
- Judge orders White House to return Jim Acosta's press pass