Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Mayor Tom Henry issued a proclamation Monday at the Allen County Public Library downtown in hopes of getting people ready to enjoy all the things the library has to offer.
"Thousands of people come to this library every year who don't live here, and they come here for a variety of reasons," Mayor Tom Henry said.
With all the resources at the Allen County Public Library, it would probably be hard to only visit once.
"They have places where people can learn and do things in very hands on ways. If you want to learn how to do 3D printing, if you want to learn computer applications, you can do that. If you want to learn to sew you can do that," Greta Southard said.
In honor of National Library week, Mayor Henry issued a proclamation making this week "Library Week" here in Fort Wayne too.
One of the biggest things the library takes pride in is it's genealogy center. He said it brings in people from all over.
"We do have large groups that do come in here on a regular basis to spend days doing that type of research. It's fascinating," he added.
For Rebecca Kiel and Vona Cartwright, it's their regular hang out spot with the family.
"We try to come down here about once a week. It's pretty fun for him. He likes the play area. There's a little playhouse area back there that he likes. Picking out the books is nice too," Kiel said.
Cartwright likes to come in on Tuesdays because her granddaughter likes the Georgetown branch.
The purpose of this week is to get the whole community engaged in taking advantage of all the resources the library has from technology to programs making learning fun for the entire family.
- It's Library Week in Fort Wayne
- Human Library Fort Wayne pop up hits Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne celebrates Money Smart Week at Allen County Public Library
- Savor Fort Wayne returns this week
- Savor Fort Wayne kicks off this week
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing
- Fort Wayne housing market booming
- Fort Wayne church helps Haiti