INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Indiana's unemployment rate has declined slightly in August from the previous month.
The Indiana Department of Workforce Development said Friday that the rate was 3.3%, down from 3.4% in July.
The agency says the last time Indiana's unemployment rate was at 3.3% was February 2018.
The state's unemployment rate for August also was below the national rate of 3.7% for the month.
Indiana's labor force had a net decrease of more than 2,100 over the previous month, which was a result of about 4,200 less unemployed residents no longer seeking employment and an increase of about 2,100 in residents employed.
The state says Indiana's total labor force is about 3.4 million.
- Indiana's unemployment rate declines to 3.3% in August
- Indiana's June jobless rate edges higher to 3.3 percent
- Indiana's December jobless rate declines to 3.4%
- Indiana unemployment rate dropped to 3.2 percent in February
- Unemployment falls across northeast Indiana
- NFL ratings rebound after two seasons of declining viewership
- Indiana mulls $1 billion tax hike for unemployment fund
- Indiana unemployment second lowest in Midwest for July 2019
- US economy has added jobs for 103 straight months. Unemployment rate falls to 3.6%
- US cancer death rate hits 25 years of decline, study says