Photo Gallery 3 Images
INDIANAPOLIS (WFFT) — The executive stay home order for Indiana that expires Monday will be extended to May 1 as planning is underway to reopen parts of the state’s economy, Gov. Eric Holcomb said Friday.
The order requires Hoosiers to remain in their homes except when they are at work or for essential activities.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
What can you do to prevent the spread of #COVID19?— Indiana State Department of Health (@StateHealthIN) April 16, 2020
�� Stay home if you’re sick
�� Wash your hands (often)
�� Cover coughs/sneezes
�� Clean objects and surfaces
�� Wear a cloth mask in public
Learn more ➡️ https://t.co/96cHzXqQtu pic.twitter.com/pCwkJhztzV
This includes taking care of others, obtaining necessary supplies and for health and safety reasons.
Previously, the stay-at-home order was to expire Monday.
Gov. Eric Holcomb announced Friday that Indiana is working on a plan for a safe reopening of different sectors of the economy.
The state has sent out requests to different sectors of the economy to get their input on reopening.
He said most Hoosiers are playing by the rules. “The more people that get with the program means we get through it more efficiently,” Holcomb said.
Dr. Kristina Box announced during the statewide coronavirus briefing more than 7,000 Hoosiers who had COVID-19 were considered to be recovered.
Data on the virus and its impact across the state will guide decisions on stay home orders and reopening the economy, Holcomb told reporters.
“We’ve been operating in very responsible, two-week increments in terms of these executive orders so that that allows us to appropriately adjust or accommodate these facts on the ground as they come in,” Holcomb said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.