TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP) - An Indiana State Police spokesman says the suspect in the fatal shooting of a police officer has been "injured/detained" and that medics are assisting on the scene.
Sgt. Joe Watts says there was no additional immediate information. He'd previously said the suspect was barricaded at an apartment complex in Terre Haute after a shootout that killed the officer.
Terre Haute police spokesman Ryan Adamson says the city officer's investigation of a homicide led him to the Garden Quarter apartment complex on the city's west side. He says the shooter was a suspect in that homicide.
No additional information was immediately available on the male officer who was killed. Authorities say police know the suspect's name but haven't released it.
- Indiana police officer fatally shot
- Police: Man pointed gun at officer before being fatally shot
- Bystander shot by Indiana officer files excessive force suit
- Two Indiana turkey hunters shot
- Indiana State Police hold memorial for officers past and present
- Indiana State Police investigating Warsaw officer-involved shooting
- Indiana Conservation Officers investigate snowmobile accident
- Man dies after being shot by police
- 2 female rookie police officers have been shot and killed in 2 days
- Amid flu surge, Indiana residents urged to get flu shots