U.S. Senator Joe Donnelly, U.S. Senator Todd Young, and U.S. Representative Jim Banks are calling for a re-evaluation of military housing pay for service members in the Summit City.
The senators and congressman urge the department of defense to consider increasing the military's basic allowance for housing. Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) is a monthly allowance paid to active-duty service members, to help cover the cost of living off-base.
Over 200 service members from the 122nd Fighter Wing in Fort Wayne receive housing allowances that are too low.
- Indiana lawmakers urge re-evaluation of military housing pay
- Indiana lawmaker to propose sports betting legislation
- Indiana lawmaker wants political maps drawn independently
- Indiana lawmakers approve bill banning eyeball tattooing
- Indiana lawmakers consider expanding industrial hemp market
- Amid flu surge, Indiana residents urged to get flu shots
- Feds selling former military depot in northeastern Indiana
- Indiana city paying $1M for Colts' hotel rental
- Indiana lawmaker proposes bill to count dead people's votes
- Indiana lawmakers advance plans to fix school shortfall