Photo Gallery 4 Images
INDIANAPOLIS (WFFT) — The Indiana State Department of Health reported 430 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, which brings the total to 35,237 people.
The state also reported 46 new deaths, bringing the total to 2,022 deaths across the state.
SPECIAL SECTION: FOX 55 Coronavirus Pandemic Coverage
Back On Track Indiana Revised May 22
Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH, the deaths reported Sunday occurred between April 9 and June 1.
A total of 271,919 people have been tested in Indiana, 13% of those tested are a positive coronavirus case.
Marion County leads the state with 9,978 confirmed cases.
The Allen County Department of Health announced there are now 1,643 cases and 73 deaths as of Tuesday.
A total of 175 probable deaths have been reported to ISDH.
Probable deaths are those for which a physician listed COVID-19 as a contributing cause based on X-rays, scans and other clinical symptoms but no positive test is on record.
These do not count towards the daily death toll.
Officials say testing for COVID-19 is currently unavailable on-demand or by request because of the nationwide shortage.
Patients must currently meet ISDH’s criteria to be tested, and strict protocol must be followed to ensure no one else is exposed while a mucus specimen is collected from the individual.
Anyone with a fever of 100 degrees and a cough should first call their healthcare provider to discuss their symptoms and determine the next course of action.
ISDH says their dashboard has been updated to remove duplicate entries and correct county of residence with data submitted to them.
• Fort Wayne Medical Education patients should call 260-423-2675
• IU Health patients should download the telemedicine application IU Health Virtual Visit and follow directions or call 260-234-5400
• Lutheran Health patients should call 260-435-5050
• Parkview patients should call 1-877-PPG-TODAY or their specific provider; Parkview has also set up a self-screening website.
• Neighborhood Health Clinic patients should call 260-458-2570