FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Indiana Tech is planning on building a new residence hall at its downtown campus.
The university submitted plans to the Fort Wayne plan commission this week for the mixed-use dorm at Washington Boulevard and Schick Street.
Plans include retail space on the first floor and 50 2-bed suits in the upper levels.
Indiana Tech Vice President, Marketing & Communication Brian Englehart said more and more students are looking to live on campus.
"We're just over 100% right now so we're looking at maybe some alternative housing for a few of them. And that's been more and more the case for us in recent years," he said.
If approved, construction is expected to begin later this year.
The residence hall would then open next year.
- Indiana Tech planing to build more on-campus housing
- Indiana Tech to lease at Electric Works
- Indiana Tech talks opioids in the workplace
- Police: 1 dead after small plane crash in western Indiana
- Housing authority hopes to build a permanent supporting housing development
- Indiana Tech purchasing golf course for future athletic facilities
- Indiana's Ivy Tech plans to increase enrollment, degrees
- Re-zoning approved for new Indiana Tech residence hall
- Indiana Tech University holds first MLK Community Celebration
- Indiana Tech School of Education loses accreditation, licensing