JEFFERSONVILLE, Ind. (AP) - Authorities are investigating after an Indiana State Police trooper was injured in a shooting in southern Indiana.
State police say the trooper was shot in the head on Tuesday evening in Jeffersonville and was alert and conscious while traveling to a hospital. Authorities believe the injury is not life threatening
The trooper's identity was not released. Authorities say the trooper was shot while pursuing a suspect.
Further details were not immediately available.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Indiana State Trooper injured in shooting
- Indiana judge convicts man in state trooper’s 2017 shooting
- Two die in Toll Road crash involving Indiana State Trooper
- Ohio State Trooper hit on slick roads
- Account set up to help family of Indiana State Trooper killed in crash
- Indiana trooper saves boy choking in family minivan
- Indiana State Police investigating two Wabash Co. police-involved shootings
- Indiana State Police investigating Warsaw officer-involved shooting
- Indiana State Police investigating deadly police-involved shooting in Huntington
- Multiple injured in downtown Cincinnati bank shooting