STEUBEN COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) — The Indiana State Police Fort Wayne Post, Lieutenant Corey Culler, has announced that a sobriety checkpoint will take place in Steuben County on Friday, Aug. 30.
The exact time and location will not be released by police.
For those adults planning a night out on the town or hosting a social event where you know that you will either be consuming or serving alcoholic beverages, a few simple suggestions to keep yourself and others safe:
• Plan ahead and always have a designated driver.
• Don’t get behind the wheel of a vehicle if you’ve been consuming alcoholic beverages.
• Better safe than sorry: call a taxi, a sober friend, or a family member to come and get you.
• If you are hosting a party, always offer alcohol-free beverages as an option, and make sure all of your guests leave with a sober driver.
Drivers that are not impaired can expect a very short delay of two to three minutes while passing through this checkpoint.
Drivers that find themselves entering the checkpoint area are encouraged to have their driver’s license and vehicle registration to speed up the process.
The Indiana State Police is committed to traffic safety and will continue to conduct saturation patrols and sobriety checkpoints in an effort to apprehend impaired drivers and to deter others from drinking and driving.
To assist law enforcement efforts in identifying and removing impaired drivers from our roadways, Troopers from the Fort Wayne Post would encourage all drivers that may observe a possible impaired driver to call 911 or the closest Indiana State Police Post.
Police ask that if you "See Something, Say Something".
When calling, be prepared to give a description of the vehicle, location and direction of travel.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Indiana State Police to conduct sobriety checkpoint in Steuben County
- Indiana State Police to conduct sobriety checkpoint in Kosciusko County
- Buffalo roam Steuben County fields
- Two arrested in Steuben County drug search
- One person dead in Steuben County crash
- Police standoff lasts for seven hours in Steuben County
- Steuben County Police arrest man for breaking into home
- Steuben County police looking for fugitive registered sex offender
- OVI Checkpoint Friday in Van Wert County Announced
- Inspiration House Inc. holds 80's style prom for sobriety